PREMIUM OVEN ROAST – COOKING DIRECTIONS:
- Place roast, fat side up, on rack in roasting pan
- Season roast; insert meat thermometer into centre of roast avoiding fat or bone.
- Cook, uncovered, in 325ºF (160ºC) oven to desired doneness. (more…)
POT ROAST – COOKING DIRECTIONS:
- Season roast.
- Brown in lightly oiled Dutch Oven or stockpot over med-high heat.
- Add 1 – 2 cups (250-500 ml) liquid such as red wine, broth, canned tomatoes or soup). (more…)
OVEN ROAST – COOKING DIRECTIONS:
- Place 2-5 lb (1-2.5 kg) roast, fat side up, on rack in roasting pan
- Season roast; insert meat thermometer into centre of roast avoiding fat.
- Add 1/2 inch (1 cm) water to roasting pan.
- Cook roast, uncovered, in preheated 500ºF (260ºC) oven for 30 min. (more…)
Preparation Time: 13 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes, Serves 4
- 12 oz (375 g) Ontario Corn Fed Marinating Steak
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) naturally brewed soy sauce (more…)
MARINATING STEAK – COOKING DIRECTIONS:
- Pierce meat numerous times with a fork.
- Place in large resealable freezer bag with 1 cup (250 ml) teriyaki sauce or Italian salad dressing; refrigerate 12-24 hours. If using packaged quick marinades, marinate 20-30 minutes at room temperature. Discard marinade.
- In non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, breakup ground beef into small chunks and brown 8-10 minutes until completely cooked.
- Drain, if necessary.
- Use a pasta sauce, chili, casseroles, etc. seasoning to taste.